Re: [seul-edu] Junior Challenge & OT: Fiji

"Collette K. McNeill" wrote:

> This notice is from CPSR-global digest...
> (Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility)
> I hope members of SEUL-edu participate in the Junior Challenge.  Good Luck!
>
> The City of Rome has launched the GLOBAL JUNIOR CHALLENGE, a
> world-wide award for the most innovative information technology
> projects in the field of education and training.
>
> The award is open to everybody: students, schools, companies,
> institutions,private and public organisations and individual citizens
> that are developping projects aimed at helping children and young
> adults to get familiar with the new technology.
>
> The winning projects will be awarded the 4th December 2000 in Rome at
> theCampidoglio City Hall by the Head of the Italian State Mr. Carlo
> Azeglio Ciampi during a ceremony hosted by our Mayor Francesco
> Rutelli.
>
> Visit our web site WWW.GJC.COMUNE.ROMA.IT and submit your project now !!!!!

I think this is a good idea.  I'd suggest that Red Escolar be submitted, along
with LENPP, AUC, OSEF, and LearnLoop.  Certainly any other projects we work with
are welcome and encouraged to also submit; these are just the ones that I thought
about most quickly.  Could some of you look at the page above and see if SEUL/edu
itself fits the criteria and should also be submitted?  Thanks!

--
Doug Loss                 Even if you're on the right track,
Data Network Coordinator  you'll get run over if you just