Re: [seul-edu] Beyond awareness... moving towardsmigration!

I think that Paul's message presents an interesting issue.

Microsoft came down hard on the Portland area schools, just
as they do everywhere.

Then, when they saw the reaction, they went into damage control
mode and swung the other way, giving the schools ample time to
address the audit issue.

What I don't think they realize is that it is inevitable that
the schools are switching to Linux, and Microsoft just gave
the schools a little breathing room to do it right.

Do we really want to get this message widespread ?

Maybe we do, maybe we don't, but it certainly is interesting
to think about.

Jim McQuillan
jam@Ltsp.org

On Fri, 3 May 2002, Doug Loss wrote:

> Paul Nelson wrote:
>
> > [big snip]
>
> Wonderful message, Paul!  As before, this needs to get out to a
much wider audience than just us.  Could you (or us, if you'll let
us) send this
> on to all the usual venues in the Linux world in addition to the
broader news sites?  I'm
thinking ZDnet, CNN, etc.