Re: [seul-edu] ISO software evals: Music

Roy Hakes wrote:

> As a first cut at the music offerings for the ISO (of the seven in the
> index), I'd recommend removing KLearnNotes and lnotes from consideration,
> mostly because they aren't quite ready to go.  KLearnNotes works ok, but has
> no clef signs, so you're not really drilling notes effectively.  lnotes
> still has some bugs that make it not quite usable (and I'm not up on gtk
> programming enough to fix them, though I tried :)).  It's too bad, those
> were about the only things potentially useful for lower school students.
> [snip]
> Will do multimedia in a couple of days.

Folks, this is just the kind of thing we're looking for in phase one
of the ISO project.  Thanks Roy.  Could you send someone at both the
KLearnNotes and lnotes projects your impressions?  They might be
interested in hearing this sort of thing and willing to make
modifications to address your findings.  We all have somewhat of a
responsibility to let project coders know how their programs might be
improved.

--
Doug Loss          As long as I have you there is just
drloss@suscom.net  one other thing I'll always need--