Odds@Ends

Doug, you asked "Are any of us skilled Graphically"? I don't know. Besides a
home business, this room houses an art studio. The walls are covered with
paintings. I don't know if this is exactly what you had in mind.

Thadeu Penna writes:
>My main interest is bring "new" concepts in
>Physics and Mathematics such as chaos, fractals, complexity to the
>kids/teens. I have used x-10 gadgets, Tablets, video-cameras and a cheap
>microscopy on Linux.

I help a college student with calculus, physics, etc. I often think what if
instead of helping one, I was helping a million. Thadeu, I was wondering if
you have Linux educational programs available? If so are they GPL and how hard
would it be to switch the language part? Also you mention video-cameras. By
any chance do you have a Linux video editing program.

Bruno writes:
>I'm not a java writer myself, but let's not exclude any language. In one of
>my schools with a parent participation program, a java expert has just
>enthousiastically volunteered her expertise to help in this project.

Not to leave any stone unturned take a look at the URL below.

Daniel Moore writes:
>Here's another URL.  I believe that there was some discussion as to
>whether we should include java applets in our educational programs
>business, right?  This is a collection of physics education applets.

>http://jersey.uoregon.edu/vlab/

Also see the December Linux Journal article Sharing Pedagogy with Java by
Robert A. Dalrymple page 54 and the listed URL
(http://www.coastal.udel.edu/faculty/rad).

What are the licensing issues with Java?

Bob