Re: [seul-edu] Announcement: LingoTeach

Reto Stamm wrote:

> - prerequisite Words and fragments (a green ball would have
>   prerequisites "a", "green" and "ball". This is not absolute, only
>   to help automatic lesson tools to repeat the right things when
>   the Student does not get it). I have a green ball would require
>   "a green ball" and "I have " to be known. This may be simulated
>   by a "Student Emulator" and the gaps recognized and filled in,
>   but for now it's enough

This looks a little bit like Promath...

> I think that not everyone needs to know the same bits of the language
> with the same proficiency. There is a difference if I go to some place
> backpacking, I need to know personal Conversation and so on. But if I go
> on a Business trip, Formality is more important, and I need to know all
> kinds of technical terms as well. So I think it would be good to tell
> these preferences to the software, and the software then internally
> prioritizes (lesson A is 2 times as big, but only .25 times as important
> as lesson B, so we make sure that for every word that is learned from
> lesson A 2 words are learned from lesson B). This will always be an
> approximation, I guess if you stand within 25% of what you actually want
> there should be no major conflicts that would cause some kind of a dead
> lock (I just imagine this could happen if you have loads prerequisites
> defined).

Look at "parameter" matrix in attached file

--
Let's try to model your data

Major entities are

-corpus: "Second year (or month, week, day...)"
-lesson: "Mechanical engineering"
-expression: this is the question, the sentence to translate
-word: your prerequisites
-translation: as many entries as you have languages

If you don't like these names please give me others

Here is my first attempt.
Hope I won't betray your thought !

--

Odile Bénassy,
"http://perso.magic.fr/obenassy/"

<corpus title="Second year">
<lesson title="Mechanical engineering" id=12 param=(2, .25, 5, 8)>
<expression id=6>
<transl lang="en" prereq="motor break be">My motor is broken</transl>
<transl lang="de" prereq="Motor kaputt sein">Mein Motor ist kaputt</transl>
<transl lang="fr" prereq="moteur casser être">Mon moteur est cassé</transl>
</expression>
</lesson>
</corpus>

<glossary>
<word lang="en" phon="moute" sound="54002.mpeg">Motor</word>
<word lang="de" phon="motor" sound="57502.mpeg">Motor</word>
<word lang="fr" phon="mote:r" sound="24202.mpeg">Moteur</word>
</glossary>

</lingo>