Re: [seul-edu] Software for journal publish

you won't find this in OSS, yet, though I may be working on something
like this next year.

>There is a lot of work done before they publish the issue of a journal.
>1- the author submit the article
>2- the editor send the article to peer-review
>3- the peer's send the comments to the editor
>

>4- the editor send the peer's comments to the author and to the other peer's
>(without peer identification)
>5- the article is aproved (or not)

right now, my system does all the above

>6- the reviewer, review the article (gramar, etc..)

Actually editing requires a good bit more usually than I have seen
possible in an online environment, but it could be done I suppose.  I
would probably give the editor something to download, then upload, thus
we would have both versions, which is important for various reasons.
 Though the one software that we have, the Community Arts software
allows for this part to be accomplished, it is not the same and the
editors are not happy with editing online.

>7- the articles are send to the tecnical guy (that make the files to be
>printed)
>    7.1 here we could generate the PDF and put them on line

yes, the pdf system we have through php with pdf and truetype, i haven't
made it yet, but i guess i could.  The real question at this place in
time is maintaining formatting.

>8- the files are send to the printer guy (that print's the journal
>

>9- the journals are send tho the subscribers by snail mail

since the cddc system is intended to produce online journals, it does
not do these last two parts.

--
Jeremy hunsinger		http://www.cddc.vt.edu/jeremy
CDDC/political science		http://www.cddc.vt.edu