Re: [seul-edu] Forming a coalition to promote free and open toolsand content in education

Doug:

I'm happy to do that (look into web-rings, contact links worldwide).
Here in Oz (er, ... Australia) we teachers have 6 weeks holidays coming up
in just over two weeks, so if it can wait til then, no problem!

I guess my own special interest in such a coalition or whatever would be
the `global' rather than just the `US' side of things ... nothing against
you guys (of course), but when you get into detail about how things work
in the US, those of us who don't live there can lose track of things
sometimes. I'm sure it works the other way round, too.

Language is another issue ... if a coalition is to be
global/international, then can we expect everyone to work in English?

I'd suggest that these languages AT LEAST are pretty important (I'm only
talking sheer numbers here):

Chinese
Hindi
Spanish
Arabic
Portuguese
French (as an international language with reach into Africa)
Russian
Indonesian/Malaysian
Japanese

I know this is a real complication, but `global' does include the rest of
the world! :-)

Michael

--
Michael Hall