Re: [seul-edu] Forming a coalition to promote free and open toolsand content in education

OK, a quick hunt around the usual sites hasn't turned up any
web-ring scripts, but there are enough clues there for me to knock one up
myself, I'd say. I'd do this in PHP and maybe some JavaScript. So, the
main question is where would the web ring be hosted. Is SEUL's server OK?

And while we're at it, are there any special features/functionality that'd
be good to include?

Off the top of my head, I see a logo/button on member web pages that takes
a viewer to a page with a complete listing of all members on it, possibly
searchable if that is deemed necessary (by topic, language, whatever). And
a button/link back to where the viewer came from. Links could all be added
by users (ie they do all the typing), with vetting simply requiring the
click of a button by whoever is doing the vetting. Again, I can do all
this in PHP/MySQL or PostgreSQL.

Other web-rings seem to pass viewers on to another page one at a time (at
random?). Is this what we need?

Or are we really looking at a link back to some kind of `World Linux in
Education Coalition' website?

Still thinking ...

Michael

Michael Hall