Re: [seul-edu] Re: coalition future (was: RE: [coalition web ring])

Nice comments, Roger and Michael. I like Michael's energy on this, by the way.
I just don't want him to do needless work. That said, I think it sounds as if
his idea would work fine.

Schoolforge.net does need a home, Roger, and I like your idea of using it to
"ramp up" the services offered to school-oriented proects. It's a good idea.
As you say, it's a missing piece and whatever brings cohesion to the group of
people working in about the same direction is good, I think.

For those who don't remember or know about it, schoolforge appears to be the
next step in developing not only school apps, but the content that goes in
them.

I actually wrote a letter to Philip Greenspun asking him to get his Web apps
class to work on developing a version of sourceforge that was more suited to
teachers without tech backgrounds and accomodated content as well as app
development. Needless to say he was too busy, but perhaps there'd be someone
else with a class of eager coders?

Anyway, I'd be glad to work on this with anyone else interested and there's
probably no better place/group than seul/edu to host it.

Certainly, this would be part of the coalition, eh?

David

Roger Dingledine <arma@mit.edu> said:

> On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 10:28:11PM -0600, Ms.G wrote:
> > Short-term: Web-ring - basic, simple, good.  Get the word out to "join"?
> > Middle-term: Single listserve?  Geographic sub-lists?
> > Long-term: Consider coalescing/merging groups and sites into one-stop
> > "clearinghouse".  Much easier said than done.  Egos must budge.
Identities

--
David M. Bucknell
http://members.iteachnet.org/~david