[seul-edu] criteria: was site tools for schoolforge

As my previous post was lengthy (though I hope someone will read it as I tried
to put the following in context), I'm going to cut to the chase here.

Proposed criteria for schoolforge, First Step:

The tool we want should:
1.allow the formation of projects for either software or curriculum (in which,
for now, I'll include lessons, units, assessment, whole courses and entire
school k-? plans)
2. provide bulletin board communication among project members/users
3. an optional tie-in to mailman
4. cvs for apps
5. a version of cvs for texts and multimedia lessons (so that we can apply
diff for example)
6. a front end that makes searching AND browsing of all projects possible AND
EASY

Participation in projects should NOT REQUIRE comfort with anything other than
a browser.

David

--
David M. Bucknell