Re: [seul-edu] Site tools for Schoolforge

Michael Hall <admin@openlearningcommunity.org> said:

>I know we all find what we're familiar with easiest, but Zope is really a
>much more complicated thing to set up and maintain than a PHP application,
>for no real gain.

The gain, as someone else mentioned, is that it becomes easy, almost trivial,
to extend your site with any of the hundreds of products that are all written
to the same framework.

And getting a Zope instance running is double-clicking an executable installer
under Windows, no webserver needed. A central site would be managed by someone
with Zope knowledge (I already volunteered to host it), so that's no
counter-argument either.

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg@cdegroot.com>