Re: [seul-edu] Interview for Linux Weekly News

On Sat, 23 Oct 1999, Doug Loss wrote:

> Last evening Roman Kirsanow, Roger Dingledine (a little) and I were interviewed
> by Liz Coolbaugh for a piece in Linux Weekly News about Linux in education and
> about seul-edu in particular.  We hit on a lot of topics (some of which will
> undoubtedly not make it into the finished interview).  I got in mentions of EDUML,
> LENPP, the educational HOWTOs, K12Admin, and OpenClassroom.
[snip]

This is really incredible Doug! :) The Linux Weekly News is one of my
favorite news sources because it does such a good job of summarizing the
weeks' events on such a broad range of topics. This is probably the best
PR thing to happen to seul-edu yet.

I also have gotten written instructions from a friend of mine that
describe how to configure apache+PHP+MySQL on a RedHat system, I don't
know if anyone else had put anything together like that or not. If anybody
would find it useful (they are a little sparse in that he was writing them
for me, already a Linux hacker) I'd be happy to forward a copy.

--
Michael Hamblin            http://www.utdallas.edu/~michaelh/
michaelh@utdallas.edu      http://www.ductape.net/