Re: Major interview

There are many new distributions coming out -- all in beta now, as far as I
know -- that promise ease of installation. I'm going to try installing one
over the weekend.

If you want to explore this, your choices (the ones I know of, anyway) are:

        Corel Linux (www.corel.com - not yet available, but demo'd
                at the recent LinuWorld conference in San Jose CA)
        Project Independence (www.seul.org)
        wholeLinux (www.wholeLinux.com - this is the one I'll be trying)
        easyLinux (http://www.eit.de/c/easylinux.html)
        OpenClassroom (www.openclassroom.org)

At 07:05 PM 9/4/99 +1200, Trevor & Ellen Witt wrote:
>I response . I bought one of those "Teach an idiot" book on using Linux
>After 24 hours you were supposed to be able to use the system . . after 24
>hours I had not even loaded the programme on . . Did eventually and still
>not worked out where to go next. So I do not thinkit is only a matter of
>perceptions . . some initial difficulties too!!
>This was interrpted by lightning zapping my computer down the phone line.
>
>I will persist as i want to set up a network . will use Win98 workgroups in
>the meantime.
[old messages deleted]
Palo Alto, CA  94303-3603    	 	        ray@comarre.com