Re: Major interview

At 06:09 PM 9/4/99 +0800, Hilaire Fernandes wrote [in part]:
> ...eventually
>Topologika will drop in some future the Acorn product othervise they
>will loose money, the same things apply for Linux port. If you think
>Topologika may port their product to GNU/Linux beacause we ask them,
>please ask for it, I also ask for it even if I will not be able to use
>their products (english only :() at least this may convice the British
>school of the Europeen Schools Campus there, to use the GNU/Linux
>installed network.

Actually, Marshal Anderson (did I spell that right?) from Topologika posted
on this list, about 6 weeks ago, a query if there was someone interested in
taking on a port of one of the Topologika products to Linux. As I recall, I
was the only programmer who responded (at least, the only one who responded
on the list), and I decided not to pursue the opportunity for reasons that
were personal to me.

If the start of the school year means that more list members are back and
reading their mail, others of you might want to check into this possibility.
Without pretending to speak for Topologika, it appeared that they were
prepared to provide access to their proprietary content but wanted a Linux
person to assume the risk of success or failure for the port; this appears
to be Topologika's standard business model (not some way of relegating Linux
to second-class status).

Palo Alto, CA  94303-3603    	 	        ray@comarre.com