Re: Major interview

malonowa wrote:

> Does anyone have any thoughts on the fact that education is often one of the
> first battlegrounds for os and hardware manufacturers.
>
> The idea may be that these companies want to see young people growing within
> their framework so that when they enter the world of work businesses must
> provide the systems that they're used to using.

One point to consider here is  that first time computer buyers that have
children in school tend to buy computers based on what their children use at
school. I think you might find that students that use Macs at school probably
have Macs at home. The use of linux at schools would influence the surrounding
community (at least the parents) to provide a system at home that would be
compatible with what they used at school.

Michael