RE: (offtopic?) help Linux survive among NTs Re: K12 Schools Using Linux (was Re: Introduction)

On Mon, 13 Sep 1999, Culp, David wrote:

> Yes, You can run a linux workstation on a Win NT network.  I personally have
> never done it, although I was going to try soon by installing linux on a
> partition here at my workstation at school.  Anyway, check out the Samba
> package.  Check out www.samba.org.

Samba allows a Linux system to *serve* files to other Windows systems. In
order for a Linux station to share files/printers from Windows servers
there is a utility, 'smbmount', for that purpose. The 'smbmount' facility
is not part of the Samba package.

--
evan leibovitch <evan@starnix.com>                            starnix inc.
tollfree: 1-87-pro-linux                         brampton, ontario, canada