Re: [seul-edu] SEUL Licensing (was: Our presence at trade shows)

On Sat, 2 Sep 2000, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:

> Yes, if we get money we will give away for development following our
> charter ( http://www.ofset.org/information/legal/charter.html ), this
> is *the* objectif. We don't want to provide what sourceforge and
> Seul/Edu is doing. We can eventually encourage to use Seul/Edu
> facilities over Sourceforge ones.

Will you encourage "winner" projects like "lyx" and "sketch" ?
Or, will you risk to "open new fields" ?

> Maybe Rob parent but Rob probably can provide a reliable one.
>
> I can't provide data. Maybe there is place for such a project when we
> get enought software.

See upsidedown. There is a place for new software when we have
enough data !

> One thing I'm working one actually is a DB card manager where card is
> a LaTeX code. The card can be seek, viewed - and eventyualy cache in
> bitmap - and then assembled to get a whole file composed of several card.
>
> This can be used to classify to math exercice, math lesson, or
> anything else. The key point is that the database card can be shared
> and expanded by teacher.

Sounds interesting.

Regards/Saludos
Manolo
www.ctv.es/USERS/irmina    /TeEncontreX.html   /texpython.htm
/pyttex.htm /cruo/cruolinux.htm ICQ:77697936 (sirve el ICQ para algo?)

  Bing's Rule: Don't try to stem the tide -- move the beach.