Re: [seul-edu] SEUL Licensing (was: Our presence at trade shows)

Manuel Gutierrez Algaba writes:
 > On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:
 > >
 > > OFSET will open a special instituion fee so that organization can
 > > support free software in education. This is one possibility
 > > (http://www.ofset.org/information/legal/regulation.html)
 >
 > Will you give away money ? If not, then forget it. We have
 > sourceforge .

We have sourceforge and Seul also, we don'nt need another one.

Yes, if we get money we will give away for development following our
charter ( http://www.ofset.org/information/legal/charter.html ), this
is *the* objectif. We don't want to provide what sourceforge and
Seul/Edu is doing. We can eventually encourage to use Seul/Edu
facilities over Sourceforge ones.

 > > I was talking about end user: Bob's parent are rich, it's school has
 > > all last-great-expensive-edu soft. Rob's parent are poor, etc. You get
 > > the picture.
 > >
 > The question is that Rob could build its own free software or
 > he could build it  for his brother. The question is not in
 > the algorithms but in the data:
 > programm = algorithms + data
 >
 > We just need Rob to start developing free soft, at the same
 > time he uses it.

Maybe Rob parent but Rob probably can provide a reliable one.

I can't provide data. Maybe there is place for such a project when we
get enought software.

One thing I'm working one actually is a DB card manager where card is
a LaTeX code. The card can be seek, viewed - and eventyualy cache in
bitmap - and then assembled to get a whole file composed of several card.

This can be used to classify to math exercice, math lesson, or
anything else. The key point is that the database card can be shared
and expanded by teacher.

Hilaire