DTP Standards and Re: [seul-edu] School Networking Guide (was: need detailed network advice)

On Mon, 4 Sep 2000, Ray Olszewski wrote:
> >Is it wise to keep this type document in the seul.edu arena ONLY.  Or
> >should it be coordinated with projects such as the LDP?
>
> I don't know. When I look at www.linuxdoc.org, I don't see any obvious way
> to "coordinate" an LDP project. If you know of some specific possibility,
> could you suggest it (and, perhaps, look into it)?
>
> In practice, I'd probably lean toward getting a group together here, getting
> a first draft done, and then talking to people elsewhere about participating
> in review and upgrading the document. Talk's cheap, and "coordinating" a
> project before it has any content seems to me both boring and too typical of
> the approach to online projects that assumes the difficulty is doing the
> online part but that creating the content is easy (my own view is the exact
> opposite).

That's exactly my point of view. The real ISSUE is to get content,
when I get contents, coordination is a kids game.

How many new projects in sourceforge have a clear coordinator and
even a hierarchy of programmers and they're waiting "content" to
drop from sky ? 90 %

There're two kind of content contributers. The old-style long-distance
runner that could write a huge book in some weeks. The nowadays
Internet-guy, jumping from flower to flower, with little time
(or that is what he says ). We have to get the most when that guy
comes to our flower and gives us a bit of polen or honey or something,
before he jumps to the next flower.  If we handle
that movement of "bees" apropiately we can get a lot of "polen".

The old saga of Internet-knights is over.

Regards/Saludos
Manolo
www.ctv.es/USERS/irmina    /TeEncontreX.html   /texpython.htm
/pyttex.htm /cruo/cruolinux.htm ICQ:77697936 (sirve el ICQ para algo?)

  Unnamed Law: If it happens, it must be possible.