Re: [seul-edu] [Fwd: Computers in the classroom]

At 11:00 PM 9/26/00 +0000, Manuel Gutierrez Algaba wrote:
>On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, Roger Dingledine wrote:

>> We don't mind having places (corporate or not) link to us.
>
>This is surprising. Can you deny anyone to link to your page ????

Interesting technical question. I suppose that if browsers still support the
HTTP_REFERER variable, a Web server could use it to give different responses
based on where the user came in from. Even, I suppose, to the level of "we
don't want those swine referring people to us" or similar expressions of
disdain.

Roger is right about the policy question, of course.

Palo Alto, CA           	 	         ray@comarre.com