[seul-edu] Introducing Self, info request

After dancing around the edges of this group for a few years, I've
subscribed to seul-edu.  So a 'hi' to Doug and others out there.

I'm a GNU/Linux user/nut in the SF Bay Area, long-time Unix user (14+
years), coming on five years of GNU/Linux use, currently Debian.
There's more background at my website and resume, both linked in my sig,
or try Google, it tells all ;-).

I've been drifting toward doing GNU/Linux-related work for schools for a
few years, have actually been helping put stuff together in the form of
user labs in some local high schools this summer.  I've read Suzlik's
LWE presentation and would like to help organize/participate in a more
concentrated effort.  I've also been in contact with several people
working on similar projects elsewhere.

Immediate interest is networking with people and groups that would be
actively engaged in promoting GNU/Linux in northern California schools.
HW vendors, distros (though I've got a strong Debian bias), educational
and grant organizations, teachers, schools, etc.  I'd like to play both
an organizational and technical role in these activities.

Cheers.

PGP signature