Re: docutg: My additions to the Documentation guide...

* Bill Tihen -- TECHNOLOGY (bill@mail.tasis.ch) [991208]:%y7Wed, Dec 08, 1999 at 11:14:51AM +0100]:
> Hi Ramin,
>
> Feel free to make some more changes and send them to
> me.  I don't think I will have time to do much with the
> docs for about 2 weeks.

What do you think of removing Jade & DocBook and describing them as
parts of SGMLtools? I think it would be more functional that way.

OTOH, the whole doc could use some rethinking. What we have right now,
is a doc that describes tools for writing and processing DocBook docs
that could be of much use to others as well. (At least my look at the
list archives at OSWG showed that something like this would be
useful.) The second part deals more with guidelines on how to document
especially SEUL/Edu stuff. This could be split, so that they live
their own lives. One rationale for this would be that once we agree on
some general guidelines for SEUL/Edu documentation, the guidelines
don't need to be changed, but a guide to using the tools might need
more frequent updates.

Ideas?

ramin

P.S. I'm not trying to steal from Bill's idea for the doc, which was a
good one. These are just thoughts that have come up lately.
--
Ramin Miraftabi                         Student of Computer Science
email: ramin@cs.joensuu.fi              University of Joensuu

    - GPG public key ID 49C9CFF7 -- (c) Copyright 1999 -

		 Homepages *finally* updated!