Re: docutg: My additions to the Documentation guide...

I like the rational of splitting this document into 2
docs.

I wish I had a laptop.  I will be spending 24 hours on a
train over the next 5 days.  That would be an excellent
opportunity to work on the doc and follow up on your
ideas.

If you beat me to it go ahead and send me the changes
(in the 2 docs) just like this last time.

Quoting Ramin Miraftabi <ramin@cs.joensuu.fi>:

> * Bill Tihen -- TECHNOLOGY (bill@mail.tasis.ch)
[991208]:%y7Wed, Dec 08,
> 1999 at 11:14:51AM +0100]:
> > Hi Ramin,
> >
> > Feel free to make some more changes and send them to
> > me.  I don't think I will have time to do much with
the
> > docs for about 2 weeks.
>
> What do you think of removing Jade & DocBook and
describing them as
> parts of SGMLtools? I think it would be more
functional that way.

> OTOH, the whole doc could use some rethinking. What we
have right now,
> is a doc that describes tools for writing and
processing DocBook docs
> that could be of much use to others as well. (At least
my look at the
> list archives at OSWG showed that something like this
would be
> useful.) The second part deals more with guidelines on
how to document
> especially SEUL/Edu stuff. This could be split, so
that they live
> their own lives. One rationale for this would be that
once we agree on
> some general guidelines for SEUL/Edu documentation,
the guidelines
> don't need to be changed, but a guide to using the
tools might need
> more frequent updates.
>
> Ideas?
>
> ramin
>
> P.S. I'm not trying to steal from Bill's idea for the
doc, which was a
> good one. These are just thoughts that have come up
lately.
> --
> Ramin Miraftabi                         Student of
Computer Science
> email: ramin@cs.joensuu.fi              University of
Joensuu
> WWW: http://dawn.joensuu.fi/~ramin/     Joensuu,
Finland

-

> 		 Homepages *finally* updated!

TASIS (The American School In Switzerland)
Lugano-Montagnola, Switzerland
<http://www.tasis.ch/>