Re: docutg: SGML Software (again)

Quoting Ramin Miraftabi <ramin@cs.joensuu.fi>:

Well, the issue I am refering to with SGMLtools is one
related to using the CVS version of SGMLtools.  It just
happens that is the required version for LyX.  It
doesn't work with the older ones for some reason.  (I
guess this makes it a LyX issue, because most people
will otherwise use the normal SGMLtools.  I guess I
should switch now since I don't use LyX to DocBook
articles.

> I'll look through the doc and add some changes during
this week. On
> the LyX stuff, if it is only specific to LyX, keep it
in that section
> (if someone isn't interested in using LyX they need
not bother),
> otherwise it can be integrated into the SGMLtools
section.

I look forward to the customizing stuff.  I haven't yet
tried your dtd.  Hopefully this week.

> I will add a note on how to modify the
SGML_CATALOG_FILES variable
> with stuff from Jade so that you have all of the HTML
DTD in the path
> as well. It makes working with Psgml even nicer.

I like this idea, we could use some kind of SEUL,
header/footer.  That might add a nice touch.

> P.S. BTW, I have some tricks (untested) up my sleeve
which will allow
> me to modify the final HTML output from the
stylesheets, mainly by
> putting in standard headers footers etc. Should this
kind of stuff
> also be included or not?

BTW, the RTF outputs don't fit nicely onto an A4 page.
Take a look and see if you know how to modify it so that
the Title, authors and abstract can all stay on the
first page.

Thanks Bill
TASIS (The American School In Switzerland)
Lugano-Montagnola, Switzerland
<http://www.tasis.ch/>