Re: Proposal

> > SEUL  came  about because none of the well established distributions
> > ever thought of end users
>
> You are really not being fair to us here. Of course we think of these
> users. We are not idiots, we know we need the naive' user if Linux is to
> be more than a toy. I dare to say that Red Hat thinks about end users too.
> That is why both Debian and Red Hat are supporting GNOME.
>
> I would just like to see _something_happen_. I think you guys are decieving
> yourselves about the potential of the SEUL project in its current state. No
> significant software is being written. Meanwhile, we are making great
> improvements in the ease-of-use of Debian. We have the new package tool,
> we re-did the installation system to make it easier, etc. Most of these
> efforts were done by groups of less than 5 people, working off on their
> own. They did not stop to argue with the entire project how to do these
> things, they designed it on their own and wrote it.

The problem about Debian is its nil-value as a vector for putting SEUL
in the hands of end users.  SEUL is not Debian to reach its users it
must be in a nice box and dsiplay in _BIG_ red letters LINUX Seul
distribution.  That box must be on a stand in an end-users store.

Debian is not in end users stores.  Worse once the Infomagic february
hits the stands it will nearly impossible to find Debian _even_ in
geeks stores here in France.  Only solution will be ordering by mail
from Cheapbytes.

--
			Jean Francois Martinez

The worthy man is the one who would drink muddy water if such were the
water of truth.

===
===