Re: Proposal

From bruce Thu Feb 26 22:16:29 1998
To: SolariS@cicei.ulpgc.es
Subject: Re: Proposal

From: "Aldo Solari [APS]" <SOLARIS@cicei.ulpgc.es>
> SEUL  came  about because none of the well established distributions
> ever thought of end users

You are really not being fair to us here. Of course we think of these
users. We are not idiots, we know we need the naive' user if Linux is to
be more than a toy. I dare to say that Red Hat thinks about end users too.
That is why both Debian and Red Hat are supporting GNOME.

I would just like to see _something_happen_. I think you guys are decieving
yourselves about the potential of the SEUL project in its current state. No
significant software is being written. Meanwhile, we are making great
improvements in the ease-of-use of Debian. We have the new package tool,
we re-did the installation system to make it easier, etc. Most of these
efforts were done by groups of less than 5 people, working off on their
own. They did not stop to argue with the entire project how to do these
things, they designed it on their own and wrote it.

You guys must re-organize around the principle of getting stuff done rather
than talking endlessly. Hopefully my lighting a fire under your seat will
assist this process.

	Bruce

===
===