Re: also back again

> following suit: i've been punting a lot lately, but i've dropped one class
> and /almost/ relaxed enough to get back to seul.
I'm also still here.  I have two classes and homework in only one, calc 3 :(

As far as stuff I've been doing:  I now have *two* dedicated development
machines... :)  One is a NFS'd (local root, nfs /usr) machine running here on
my desk, soon to be moved to the basement, the other is on my desk at work,
with a ~200MB IDE and 1GB SCSI, I just have to figure out how the heck to
best partition it, then get it set up with serial-console like the one at
home.

What I'm doing with them:  My home box has a stock (base + networking) 4.2
installed, and I'm working on getting Mustang (RH4.9.1) to cooperate.  The
box at work has Mustang installed on a spare partition later destined for
data.  I'm going to be working in my spare time on testing out various
things, like Linuxconf, which just added an X GUI frontend, based on
yet-another-toolkit-we've-never-heard-of: "wxXT".  I will also be working on
general admin things like the fragile and *slow* boot process, etc.

> my next project will be fixing up cvs to have some semblance of reasonable
> access control.  this should take me about a day, once i set aside some time
> for it - probably late this week, or early weekend.  after that i'll also
> start actually getting specs and code into cvs...
Do we have any idea how we're going to structure the data?  By group, with
symlinks into package (RPM) groups, or are we going to structure it as if it
were going to become a distribution with a 'make'?  I think by-group might
make most sense, though within each group the data should be structured as a
'sparse distribution'.  IMO, just because our main goal may not be to create
a distrib, we shouldn't structure or data in a non-compatible way.  If we lay
it all out in advance to support future possibilities, we'll have done
ourselves mucho good.

> you can still use cvs freely until then.  the current setup works, it's just
> disgustingly unscalable.
Quite.

TTYL,
    Omega

      Erik Walthinsen - SEUL Project infrastructure/system architecture
        __
       /  \           omega@sequent.com         Work: (503)578-5314
      |    | M E G A  omega@aracnet.com         Home: (503)281-4281
      _\  /_          psu12113@odin.cc.pdx.edu  Majoring in CS

       SEUL: Simple End-User Linux - creating a Linux distribution
     http://www.seul.org/            for the average home/office user

===
SEUL-Leaders list, seul-leaders-request@seul.mit.edu
===