Re: SEUL: Proposition for a simplified kernel recompiling proced

On 03-Feb-98 George Bonser wrote:

> It differs because you issue only one command that does all of the above
> and creates the kernel as a package that is installed by dpkg.  The
> install scripts that are run when you install it put eveything where it
> belongs and reruns lilo for you.  It reduces the chance of a newbie making
> a mistake.

In your original message you talked about scripting it so dpkg -i etc. are run
automatically...couldn't we just as easily script the normal make commands?  I
use the normal make commands and it replaces everything for me as you are
talking about without having to go through the process of creating a deb
package first.

---
Rick Jones
rickya@siservices.net
There is a time in the tides of men,
Which, taken at its flood, leads on to success.
On the other hand, don't count on it.
- T. K. Lawson