Re: SEUL: Re: SEUL distribution?

Rick Jones wrote:
> George Bonser wrote:
> > On Fri, 16 Jan 1998, Rick Jones wrote:
> >
> > I thinksome kind of "include" syntax in debian menus would be great. THis
> > would allow a ~/menu file to contain something like:
> >
> > +/usr/lib/menu/debmenus
> > +/etc/menu/menus-local
> > mymenustuff
> >
> > That way, debian menus and system menus could be included and changes
> > picked up as they are made.
>
> George:
>
>         This would be a good "quick-fix" to the problem.  It wouldn't allow a
> user to configure their menus the way they want them, though.  I would
> like to see them appear under something like "main/Updated/local
> /main/Updated/Debian" with an option to add them to a section of the
> users menu or remove them all together.  After all, programs like
> trafshow, I believe, are in the system-wide menu but only root can use
> them.  As a user I would want to get rid of that clutter from my menu.
> But I'm a picky SOB too =)

Is the documentation for the menu package available on-line ?

Say, I have a menu item called "Netscape Navigator 3.0"
in the system-wide file provided by my administrator.
Now it should be possible to rename it to "Netscape" (in the menu)
but still work when the name of the binary changes
for some reason (e.g. due to a previous spelling
error).  Furthermore, what if I had decided to hide
the item altogether end then my admin installs
"Netscape Navigator 4.0" for this architecture at last ?

Is there a list of chnages for the next version of
the menu system ?

kai