Re: SEUL: More GUI Musings

On Tue, Jul 08, 1997 at 08:33:06AM -0400, Jay Bloodworth wrote:

> PS - To relate all this back to the SEUL GUI: Given that we need an app
> launcer/button bar that supports text labels, anybody got any ideas?

Well, tkdesk has balloon labels for buttons and text pull-down menus under
those.  It's also more flexible than tkgoodstuff (though I haven't see the
latest tkgoodstuff). See

http://people.mainz.netsurf.de/~bolik/tkdesk/

Fvwm2 buttons can have text and/or icons.  Buttons can activate menus
which can also have text and/or mini-icons.

> Good
> Stuff is a possibility, but most of the configurations I've seen aren't
> terribly attractive.  It'd be nice to have something distinctive.

Tkdesk is very attractive with Afterstep type icons.

Dave Cook