Re: [tor-relays] Running a relay in the Netherlands

Dear Gunes Acar,

thanks for this optimistic e-mail.
For the sake of geo-diversity, my relay will be placed in Wallonia :)
A bit of research tells me that we are NATed here.
Therefore I'm thinking of establishing a tunnel to a IPv6 broker, e.g., HE or similar with no traffic limits.
Perhaps, that will solve my problem being behind the wall at Uni.

Regarding Belgacom, as the WIFI-modem is in hands of my landlord, I will try to tweak portforwarding using upnpc, if it works.
If not, perhaps, the same strategy, IPv6-IPv4 tunnel...

Anyway, it sounds great that Belgacom doesn't give a toss about Tor.
The only scaring thing is that my landlord may lose access to some internet resources, which resolve against x.x.x.x.tor.dan.me.uk, e.g., forums.freebsd.org and etc.

Dmytro