Re: [tor-relays] tor-relays Digest, 3 questions on torcc file

I agree to everything Matt said.

A good rule of thumb for tor configuration is "leave everything at default, unless you've got a reason to change it".

Also keep in mind that configuration files (and especially their comments) are mostly about what you CAN do, not what you SHOULD do.

Regarding the control port: I think you don't need it at all, unless you're doing something unusual or don't have ssh access to the computer tor is running on. If both run on the same machine, arm is doing fine with just the (unix) control socket.

Regarding the exit settings:
Is this relay running on a computer at your home, Daniel? Is there other important stuff stored/running on that computer? If the answer to AT LEAST ONE of those two questions is yes, you should definitely set "ExitRelay 0" and "ExitPolicy reject *:*".
Actually, you should set this, regardless of the answers, unless you know exactly, what it means to run an exit-relay and are willing and prepared to do this.

Jens