[bos-dev] [bug #37860] Resource bar is cluttered, conveys misinformation, lacks association with other display of resources in the gui

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

Hello,

The top resource bar is cluttered, conveys misinformation and lacks
association with other display of resources in the gui

1. While I like seeing the might of my economy by being able to see income and
spending, what really matters is the difference between the two. Instead of +
and - the sum should be displayed. At the same time, problems (not enough
income) could be pointed out more. The % display is not precise enough,
absolute values and values per resource would be more useful.

2. The reserves/capacity counters use a different number system from all other
displays of resource values in the game (divided by 10) this can be very
confusing. The only validation for this behavior is that the bar is cluttered.
This clutter has been pointed out in 1. and needs to be removed, the
reserves/capacity values displayed in the same number system as in the rest of
the game.

3. While the resource bar uses the names of the resources, the build tool tips
show icons. This makes it harder for inexperienced players to come to a
conclusion that these two values are related. The resource icons should be
used in the resource bar to ensure the association.

Colors are:
red rgb(255,59,59)
green rgb(113,212,79)

(in case attachments do not work, I uploaded the mockups to another site):
http://ompldr.org/vZ2swOA
bottom left: current gui, other corners: suggested gui with colored display of
positive/neutral/negative income

File Attachments:

bottom left: current gui, other corners: suggested gui with colored display of
positive/neutral/negative income
<http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/download.php?file_id=27031>

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?37860>

  Message sent via/by Savannah