Re: [Computerbank] Just because I swallow, doesn't mean that I like the taste (was Re: About what happened on Computerbank channel)

While I feel that this is more appropriate on cai-vic, some damage
control should occur first.

On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 02:49:21AM +1000, ifuckpigs arranged a set of bits into the following:
<snip>
> As far as I am concerned, this disucssion is over.
Unfortunatly you started another.

<snip>
> You have said to me a few times of late that I'd have been fired from
> computerbank long ago, if it was a real office.  Having worked in several
> real offices during my carrear (yes, I have one of those, I'd been working
> in IT professionally for 6 years before I was introduced to computerbank
> two years ago), I can assure you that my behaviour would not have been an
> issue, because the problems which led to said behaviour would have been
> forcibly solved by the people above both of us long ago.  Probably by you
> being fired (see previous paragraph).
I do somewhat agree, Jaymz' attitude came from people not following
procedures. In a real office they'd get a warning then get out the door.
What's the worst about this is that people would complain to him about
their non-compliance with procedures.

> Most of the IT professionals who were ever involved with computerbank have
> left.  Myself, grant, or both are still on good terms with almost all of them.
> Can you honestly say the same?  I often wonder how believes that one can run
> "computer"bank without, what we have often been described collectivly, "stupid
> lazy geeks".
Most of us who are still associated are the new ones, or the ones who
are (far too) used to politics.

> It's funny, you know, the first time I came into computerbank, both my carrear
> and myself were attacked so viciously by trish, for having the audacity to
> work in IT (the cause of all of the worlds social problems, aparently), that
> I didn't come back for four months after that.  People convinced me that it
> was an anomoly.  If only they had been telling the truth.  Instead, every time
> I go into the office, I am faced with the assertion that my time has no value.
> For someone who came to computerbank in the process of burning out to the point
> of almost complete breakdown from overwork in his last job, it is an
> incredibly bitter pill to swallow.  I know that you have said that the
> organisation has a negative effect on your mental health, but you seem to
> believe that you are the only one.  Let me assure you that this is about as
> far from this as you can possibly get.
We do treat Jaymz as a code-whore, I don't know anyone who doesn't. I
myself have done on a rare occacsion (that I do try to avoid)

<snip>

People need to admit their failings.
I feel that Jaymz is mostly justified in his feelings and views. (Even
if I do feel that he came down a bit hard on Kylie she can be like that
at times)

Don't reply to this if you're just going to add personal insults. We
don't need any more of that.

Thanks,
Julien