[Computerbank] CAI Committee status? (Was: recent emails)

Hi all,

--- Daniel Stone <daniel@raging.dropbear.id.au> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 05:04:49PM +0930, David Lloyd wrote:
> > In times like this a complete change of committee and faces can occur,
> > but there are too many entrenched positions to do that.
>
> Note here that a majority of the committee agreed in-principle to a
> motion of no-confidence in ... the committee.

Wow, this is a startling claim.  (Was there follow-up?  I missed it.)
More info please.  Was the above discussed in a public forum?
Are you suggesting such a motion is pending?

> It's pretty rare, and
> probably quite a bad sign, to see a group passing no-confidence in
> *itself*.

Not necessarily.  Better to dissolve and start again than
continue dysfunctionally.  Think NRMA, Coles Myer, RMIT, HIH, One.Tel...
(Err, not suggesting CAI Committee is dysfunctional, but I honestly
can't recall the last time I heard from them in this forum, or any
other I'm on.)

Steve.
Secretary, CBV.

=====
Steve Paynter
sbpaynter@yahoo.com.au; mobile 0403-922-246

"We have been told that 'being digital' is a virtue.  But it isn't.  People are
analog, not digital; biological, not mechanical."  -- Donald A. Norman.

http://search.yahoo.com