Re: New Linux distribution

Hi Odile et al,

I guess that it might also be worthwhile taking a look at the
postings on this topic in the seul-edu archives at -

http://www.seul.org/archives/seul-edu/ (I'm taking a bit of a
guess here) ?

Computerbank Victoria is still recycling systems - although we
have had to make a few adjustments to our minimum specification.
That is mimimum spec = 486 or greater, 16mb RAM and atleast a
minimum 200meg hdd.

386's are very difficult to work with, and dont really provide
enough system resources for the newbie user. Ideally - we aim to
give newbies systems that are GUI capable. We have already
distributed 6 systems and have installed many with a base debian
distribution.

Certainly I'd hope that some of CBV's more technically inclined
members would assess Tiny Linux for use on systems where the
applicant specifically requests a text based / minimalist system.

Cheers,

Kylie

-
ComputerBank Australia -- http://www.computerbank.org.au/