Re: Applying for free computers from Computerbank

Hi Bruce,

> Can someone 'official' help me please?
>
> I sent this message to a friend to be forwarded to people he knew but the
> information, adapted from our site, didn't seem to "work". What's the
> proper drill? Bruce

At the moment, they can email us on computerbank@mbox.com.au, or call
the number 8610 2482 and leave a message. We will then send out a form,
having contacted them to discuss what we do/what they want, and they
then fill out the form and get the cover letter done (if they're an
individual) and send it back.

We are hoping to get online apps going sometime next year; we haven't
had the facility available to us, and will have to appoint someone to do
the back end before it will be working!

Not very techie, but give it time...!

If your contact has tried the email/phone and hasn't been contacted,
shout loudly - they should be contacted within a couple of days.

8-)

> ---
>
> Disadvantaged people can get free computers from Computerbank Victoria.
>
> See http://www.computerbank.org.au/victoria/ ...
>
> Applications for computers and networks
>
> Computerbank Victoria is now accepting applications from disadvantaged
> groups for its free computers.
>
> Contact: by phone, the message service number (03) 8610 2482, or by email
> <Mailto:computerbank@mbox.com.au> or by post to:
>
> Computerbank Victoria Inc.
> 86 Ligar Street
> Sunbury, Vic 3429
>
> Include your address details and/or a contact phone number, and the
> appropriate forms will be sent to you.
>
> Computerbank requires all individual applicants to obtain a referral from a
> social service or community based agency to support their application.
> Service agencies wishing to become service referrers can contact
> Computerbank Victoria.
>
> ---
>
> PS. Didn't we have an online form on our site so service agencies could
> apply direct to become service referrers -- once?
>

> -
> ComputerBank Australia -- http://www.computerbank.org.au/

Trish Fraser, Sunbury, Australia
trish@thefrasers.org