Re: Computerbank Objectives

Basil Potts wrote:

> To kick off the debate, it seems to me that it would be advantageous to
> anybody/everybody for obsolete computers to be dismantled by committed
> enthusiasts and "remantled" (with Linux software) for use by ...
>
> ... migrants (also known as NESBs) who do not benefit from the services of
> TAD (Technical Aid for the Disabled).

There are many people (including NESB) that could benefit
from access to information technology. (other groups may
include: Aboriginals and TSI, unemployed, impoverished
families / individuals, etc)

Certainly provision of this service to people on low
incomes (in general) will include the NESB group.
(Although in the case of Melbourne - will not be limited
to it.)

Kylie