Getting internet access for ComputerBank clients..

I got a letter in the post the other day advertising their "easy-mail"
service.  Basically it is pure email - but at a charge of 25c for up-to 10
emails.  While this is rather a bit (for you and I - given that we're used
to paying a flat-rate ISP charge and having unlimited emails), it may infact
be quite affordable for a person on a low-income because thre is no ISP
charge on top of that... that is, they pay $0.25 for 10 emails but _no_
charge beyond that.

The trouble with this service is that (on the material provided by telstra)
you need Win95 or 98 as a minimum.... I am thinking this is probably only
because that's what telstra is aware of... I see no reason why any pop
client shouldn't work fine... however it'd need to be investigated with
telstra....

While this is email only - no www or ftp, it would nonetheless allow people
access to their local LUG emailing list, which is one-major source of
info...

Also, relevant html how-to's etc, could be emailed to each person as an
attachment... (I don't know if telstra supports attachments with this
service)...

might be worth checking out anyway... 8-)

Dave