Re: Draft Consitution

Hi Bill,

I'm copying this to the list again for comment...!

> Hi Trish
>
> Feel there should be another group in the Annual subscription fees.
>
> Virtual Moreland don't have that sort of dough to spare and most committees
> would not get the fee through a meeting.
>
> So :
>
> Do we want groups to join
>
> Should there be a fee like $25 or $50

What does everyone think? seems like a good idea to me - for non-profit
groups only?

> Corporates can still be $250 ( we really mean that to be a donation I think)
>
> Can an individual nominate to represent a group and pay $10
>

> Do you think the contracting part was covered by the new 3.3
>
> I'd still request the ability to contract with firms and individuals anyway.
>
> Say for PR, representing us somewhere, contracting to promote membership,
> Web provider, attendance at seminars -  things not yet known to me

Kylie suggested that, where we refer work to commercial orgs, we might
come in for a commission? Maybe we could agree to only take work on that
falls through the net? Training, f'rinstance. Coments please people!!

I also wantr to put in something in the Statement of Purpose clause
(early on) about "free software", to replace or give teeth to the open
source bit; I've read through the GNU site, and hope someone has a
"sound bite" length definition of free software... Help!

trish@thefrasers.org
http://www.geocities.com/paris/metro/8693
http://wwp.mirabilis.com/6252679