Re: Random thoughts

>Memory is more important than CPU speed for X performance.
>
>I have run X11 on a variety of low end CPU's quite acceptably for many
>years, so long as you have at least 16M of RAM it's fine.
>
>Terry

Terry is absolutely right. I used to run X on a 386-DX/40 with 16 MB RAM
and it was acceptable. On the other hand my friend's 486-DX/33 has only
8 MB and the disk goes into spasms as soon as you start any big app.
Still, I think I would be disgusted with the 386's response now, being
spolit by faster CPUs.