Re: [Computerbank] solving the conundrum of the bush

On Sat, 2002-01-05 at 17:21, Greg White wrote:
> Bruce, I cannot speak for LUV.  But it seems to me, that any person who is
> interested in LINUX and is using it, is most welcome there.    And if they
> have problems, they only have to ask and somebody will help them.   And you
> find that in return, when they have learnt something, that can help somebody
> with a query, then they help.  And so the list sort of rolls on, in a quite
> beneficial manner.  And it really helps people to feel that they now have a
> community, and not just an operating system and box.

Greg makes an excellent point here about introducing beneficiaries to
the wider Linux community. What relationships, if any, does each state
have with local/regional Linux community groups?

With CB-NSW, all people involved there, that I have met or are active on
the CB-NSW mailing list, are involved in SLUG (Sydney Linux Users Group)
and the relationship between the two is close, although un-official, as
a result. This is not only useful for leverage of expertise but for
participating in social activities, install fests and for recruitment of
technical "muscle".

Introduction to a wider Linux community can also remove some the
isolation a recipient may feel when introduced to "this Linux thing".

You're probably already on top of that though :)

--

Cheers,
      Craige.

http://mcwhirter.com.au/