Re: [Computerbank] the support curse

About the ADVANTAGES to be gained from a properly run support service..

How many advantages can I come up with?

1. Happier more capable clients.
2. Good reports from *all who get our computers.
3. Word of mouth is 100% good.
4. No Computerbankers are harassed.
5. Computerbankers don't get stressed by the old problems anymore.
6. The feedback helps us hone our systems and processes.
7. We can problem solve as soon as possible.
8. Nothing will be going wrong we won't hear about.
9. Good "after sales" service.
10. Impressive efficiency.
11. Happy users inclined to get involved and help Computerbank.
12. Spreading the Linux word to many more happy users.

I expect there are more? The point I've been trying to make is: a good
backup and support service is essential for any group like ours. We may not
think we are selling the computers we hand out, or ourselves, upfront but
it is inherent in everything we do, and necessary that we see it is.

Regards to all, Bruce