Re: [Computerbank] Fwd: [cai-sa] Logo Design

On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 09:48:08AM +1030, Romana Challans scrawled:
> On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 09:43 am, Daniel Stone shared thusly:
> > Yes, but the overall CAISA attitude still seems to be "we're taking it
> > anyway", and nothing you've said disproves it; in fact, it only proves
> > it. I think the logo is a huge symbolic ... symbol of national unity;
> > god knows nothing else is unified.
>
> hmm, the test of fair is - if you turn it around, is it still fair?

No, it isn't.

> you expect us to sit with an old logo noone here really likes - the attitdue
> of some in victoria seems to be 'thats the way it is, why change, just deal'
> as an example of national untiy, that fails several key tests, imho.

The whole is not the one and, as someone who spent a huge amount of time
lobbying to have the database project extend nationally instead of just
being closeted to CBV, I find it rather insulting that I'm lumped in
with the CBV == CAI point of view.

I'm not suggesting we don't change. Read what I said again.

> but ALL of us choosing a national logo together, all members and volunteers
> having equal chance, surely THATS about demonstrating unity?

YES!

> and a nice, fresh, positive start after a somewhat turbulent year full of
> change and upheaval?

Choosing a logo won't improve the completely dysfunctional situation.

--
Daniel Stone                                     <dstone@trinity.unimelb.edu.au>
Developer, Trinity College, University of Melbourne