Re: StarOffice to be GPL'd.

> Looks like Sun has GPL'd the Staroffice suite!  This would mean that we
> could legally load it onto ComputerAngels/ComputerBank machines - especially
> the higher end ones...

Yeah, and hopefully a big development community will come together
around it, and they'll strip it for speed...   Does anyone know much
about the alternative free word processors?  (What have you been putting
on machines so far?)  I've never looked at KWord, but it sounds like
there's serious work going on there.  AbiWord is getting better, but
very slowly, and I'm not convinced the infrastructure is what is needed.

Danny.

-
ComputerBank Australia -- http://www.computerbank.org.au/