Re: Design Document 0.01

Nathan Dietsch wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have created a design document, it is *very* rough at the moment, but
> it does show the base table design as well as an analysis. If you would
> like to see how the design is coming along check out
> http://inventory.computerbank.org.au/design

A couple of comments.

*    The State is held as ID in the State table but as 3 characters in
other tables which use it. Perhaps a better option would be to use the
StateID instead of the 3-letter state abbreviation.

*    The PhoneNumber is stored using an integer. I have always understood
that numeric fields were only to be used when the field woud be used in
calculations. In this case I suggest that a text field be used.

Toby