Re: [Computerbank] Kylie does it again! Well done!

HI Romana and others,

On Thu, 28 Nov 2002 17:29, you wrote:
> To address any continued ill feeling and, sadly, some continued sniping, I
> can do no better than suggest reading Kylie's GNU Volunteers guide - this
> quote from it says it all!
>
> "We will each respect all those we come into contact with, whether we are
> representing the organisation or working together. No form of harassment or
> discrimination will be tolerated; Computerbank people are worthy of the
> best treatment, from and for each other."
>
> Brilliantly written Kylie - absolutely spot on. If we STICK to this, then
> surely much of our problems will ease?

The credit is actually Trish's as this is from the Charter. Trish contributed
to this - and I recall the words you refer to as an addition of hers. :)

They are important words with a very important meaning. Please think of them
when you visit the link that Trish posted as food for thought. :)

I encourage you all to visit the link (repeated below). :)

http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2002-09-21-009-26-OS-CY

<About the author...snip> Val Henson is a Linux kernel developer, an active
member of LinuxChix, and female.

We will be releasing a revision of the volunteers guide soon. The revision
will include more information, pictures (for the OH&S section) and
incorporates suggestions from others.

It forms an integral part of the CAI-Vic Volunteer induction process as it
incorporates policy framework, health and safety, process information, and
general information.

Cheers,

Kylie

---