[Computerbank] [Fwd: [cai-vic] Re: [CAI-committee] Nominations? and other AGMmatters]

--- Begin Message --- Hello Dan and other interested Bods,

We at Victoria had a meeting last Thursday night to discuss a couple of issues- 'To be a branch or not to be' and the 'CAI AGM.'

The Vic group has decided to work towards incorporating as a State entity in our own right - sep from CAI (similar to the SA moves and bringing us inline with all other computerbanks and like entities).

On the topic of the AGM we discussed: the 'problems' of last year CAI AGM, what has happened since then, and the Vic centric membership base.

We discussed the need to drive CAI National to the point where it can be the body that is more an 'open forum' for all States, so we can discuss issues of relevance, colloborate on National projects, inspire cooperation... have regular get togethers (meetings)... etc... so far the National body has not been able to do this. Indeed, since the AGM of last year - the National body have only had one meeting.

Many people on the National Committee are not active - the VP, the Secretary, and we rarely hear from the President. The Treasurer has basically (with support from Vic members) had to meet CAI National obligations on his own.

In view of all the this, and the absence of an active Secretary, we in Victoria have decided to nominate from the floor at the AGM. As a group, we put forward the following people for positions to the CAI National Committee: Con Validas (President), Steve Paynter (Vice President), Kylie Davies (Secretary), Nick Hobden (Treasurer) and Rob Brittain (Ord Member).

This leaves another ordinary member position available on the National Committee. As Dan seems to be the only Interstate financial member to CAI, if he is agreeable, I would like to nominate him to that position.

The road ahead for the CAI National group is a difficult one... however, I think it will be a refreshing and exciting road - one that will create change for the better - via an open forum...driven by very committed people.

While the group is Vic centric - the intentions of the group is to involve ALL States - in colloborative and open decision making processes so that everyone can have a say in defining the new and improved CAI.

In discussing all of this -we also looked at the meeting procedures side of things (again given last years AGM on IRC) and came up with a few safeguards;

a)We agreed to ask Trish Fraser to chair the meeting at the point where the current CAI Committee steps down, within this - she will also be the returning officer (if there is a need for this) per the election of positions. Trish is a financial member.

b)Only members can speak at the meeting - Non members to /msg the chair if they want to say something

c)No off topic chatter at the AGM

d)IRC loggers (min two) selected before the meeting. Meeting log to be printed from the Vic meeting site (Rosslyn St) straight after the AGM. This log is to be signed by at least two members.

I am yet to speak with Trish re chairing the meeting, however I do know that she is coming along to the AGM...unless there are any major objections to her performing this role - I can't see it being a problem.

Anyway, thats enough said for now,

Cheers,

Kylie Davies

---