RE: [Computerbank] bad vibe unfortunately

Greetings folks
Who's this guy "to but in here" you're probably asking .
And maybe your right  but I thought id offer  my 10 cents
worth just in case
your interested.

I  came in and joined CB  a few months back
I was impressed with the philosophy and the possibilities
that could be achieved by you guys and felt inspired to
join in the cause
And I  watch with great interest.
 As  CB  develops from a  bright idea in the mind of its
visionary into an
Invaluable  mechanism for building the "bridge between the
have's and have not's"

And  all involved  are to be congratulated on the results
you've been able to achieve.
having said that as you'll no doubt agree theirs  yet a
long way to go.

While I hesitate to criticise
It took me a good  90mins  on public transport each way to
attend CB in west Melbourne
which I did  for a few weeks but each time I arrived there
I found the days planned activities
that had each time been cancelled postponed or delayed or
altered  to the Point where I felt
my day had been wasted.

Again id stress that I'm in no way intending to  belittle
the efforts of any one here but
Not to put to finer Point on it :
(The CB  would benefit greatly from a much firmer
 timetable
With regard to specific  scheduled events such as induction
& training sessions. )

I personally felt that  it was assumed that because I was a
volunteer I had time to just waste
and having spend hours in transit in the hopes that what I
expected to occur when I arrived might
transpire. Which was more often was not the case.
Under  such circumstances  Enthusiasm quickly  wanes and
while I understand the benefits of flexibility  within an
org.
there's a  balance that needs  to be met .

Maybe  firmer  Time scheduling, Regular planned  Events,
 and
Dedicated  training sessions  for us  "wet behind the ears
volunteers"
 will help

just a thought
keep up the great work folks .