A new Uprising

I'm currently working on adapting the Uprising story to better fit
the FNA campaign background.

These are the two revised briefings.

FNA:

"For a long time, the people of Nexus had lived in peace, with just
a few minor interruptions. Then, in the year 2483 after the Foundation
of the Capital of Allantha (F.A.) a ship landed on Nexus, carrying
invaders from the western part of the galaxy. The strangers claimed
the planet now to be part of the Empire of Kand and began to exploit
the rich mineral resources, forcing the original inhabitants to work
in the mines, where many of them died.

Shortly after the occupying forces had shown their true nature riots
broke out in several parts of Nexus. The Empire had to surrender large
parts of the planet, but most of the riots within the borders of
former Republic of Kerlo were put down immediately and with brute
force. From then on, the Free Nexus Army, one of the major rebel
factions in this territory, organized the resistance secretly and led
a guerilla war against the Kandelian intruders in the Yalmar province.
After two years of preparation we now think it is time to openly
confront the invaders. You may have heard rumours of unrest in other
regions of Kerlo, and if there is some truth to them, this could
provide the distraction we were hoping for. Rhintura, the small town
that has been our headquarters for the last two years, will become
the first free town in Kerlo, and it won't be the last.

We have brought the two small garrisons in Rhintura under our
control, but the Empire now sends in forces from the nearby barracks.
What we have to prove now is that we can keep the town even when the
Empire tries to take it back.
You will command our forces near Rhintura and repel the Kandelian
forces. You must destroy those troops or conquer the barracks while
defending our headquarters.
Good Luck! For a free Nexus!"

Empire:

"Two years ago, in 519 of the Third Emperor (T.E.), or 2483 F.A.
counting in local terms, we landed on Nexus with a few ships. Scans
had indicated rich mineral resources, and we needed material to
support and defend our colonies in the northern parts of the galaxy.
Unfortunately, the inhabitants stubbornly refused to cooperate and
initiated a revolt three months after our arrival. We were able to
put it down and decided to send in more troops to secure the
resources and protect our workers. Today, our sphere of influence
encompasses the former Republic of Kerlo and a few important mineral
fields beyond the old borders. However, ever since that incident two
years ago small groups of Nexian outlaws and troublemakers have
cowardly ambushed small parties and settlements all over our realm,
especially in rural areas.

I recent weeks there has been a flare of unrest in various districts.
It seems the rebels have finally become desperate enough for a direct
confrontation. Now that they have come out into the open, we believe
it is our chance to settle the matter once and for all. You will be
commanding our forces near the town of Rhintura where a small group
calling themselves the Free Nexus Army have overrun two of our
installations. Your task is to crush the rebel forces, and to take
back the garrisons.

Remember, if we lost access to the resources of Nexus our colonies
may be doomed.

Long live the Emperor!"

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Jens